Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Am I blue?

Oh, yes, I'm blue.  Or was blue. Yesterday.  I suppose it's one of the many withdrawl symptoms from the Fentanyl patch.  

I was introduced to a singer (thank you, Dwain), who somehow, someway I had overlooked through the years.  Eva Cassidy. Eva's voice sparked intense emotions within me that only escalated upon reading her bio.  She and I share the same birth year.  And she died in 1996. Of recurring cancer.

So, yes ~ as I listened to her stunning renditions of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," "Ain't No Sunshine When He's Gone," and "Songbird" among others, I allowed my body to be enveloped in a shroud of gray and my mind travel to places it shouldn't. I cried for her. I cried for me. I cried for my children. I cried for my husband. I cried for my friends. And I even cried for my fat cat Frio.  I had me dead and buried at least three times. 

All before noon. :)

My Zach came galloping to the rescue for a while and we went antiquing in dark, musty, wonderfully cobweby antique malls for a few hours.Then, I dropped him off at his dad's house and I went home.  And cried some more. And by three this morning, I was pooped.

Waking up in a chilly cold sweat (yet another withdrawal symptom,) I realized it was Sunday morning.  I love Sunday mornings . . .time for renewal.

So first thing I said a prayer, reflected on the following lines (thank you Martha Jo) . . .

"Each day is a day of steady progress. You may not see it but I do. Persevere. Love and laugh." --Two Listeners
"Wait in Love with Me. As you wait, courage and hope will flow into your being."  --Two Listeners
"Your need is My chance to help. Faith is all I need to manifest My Power."
--Two Listeners
 
and took a steaming hot bath. Washing yesterday's junk away.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment