Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

PUL-LEEEEASE . . .

 
I'm an anal cancer survivor, not an invalid.

I CAN walk/run 5 miles on the elliptical.  I CAN, not only touch my toes, but flatten my hands on the ground without bending my knees.  I CAN walk across the room with a dictionary (maybe three) on my head, a zillion times. I CAN do seven pirouettes in a row and a grand jete. Kind of.

I can also work cattle and sing Italian opera. At the same time.

Can you?

So, please.  Don't tell me 'to rest.' Don't tell me to 'be careful.'  I know you mean well, but it irritates the hell out of me. 

Take my hand because you like me, 
not because you feel a need to help me up the stairs.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I get that advise all the time from my 86-year old mother, who has spent so many years just sitting that that's about all she can do these days. Rest, my ass!

    ReplyDelete