Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 15, 2010

It dawned on me Friday afternoon that one year ago was the anniversary day of my fateful colonoscopy. The day that a local GI doctor said as he performed the procedure, "Oh, my God, that thing is huge!"

At that moment, my life changed forever.

After a squirrelly couple of weeks being seen by local doctors, a botched 2nd biopsy and a misdiagnosis (in situ rectal cancer) I fled to my beloved Scott & White Clinic in Temple, a teaching hospital, where I fell into the arms of angels.

I didn't expect tears on Friday. But they came anyway. A river of them.

Just another step on the road of healing.

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed by your journey, and if you ever bottle and sell your mental toughness and resilience, I'll take a case. Oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special Ass diary....wow, kudos for that name!

    ReplyDelete