Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Compassionate Health Care

From the moment I fled San Angelo into the arms of Scott & White I knew I was in the right place.   Each of my doctors are highly regarded in their field ~ Wong, Capen, Thomas, Thawani and Cuervo. But above and beyond their noted expertise, each of them, along with the nursing and support staff, define the word 'compassion.'

Yesterday in surgery, right before my anesthesiologist, Dr. Gibson, sent me away to Margaritaville (as he described it,) my OR nurse was holding and rubbing my hand, and the tech was patting my shoulder.  Gibson was singing the Jimmy Buffet classic.  My eyes welled with tears as I thanked God I was among angels. (And perhaps one drunk. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment