Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The wait

More of the same
It's the waiting that drives me insane.

Tick, tock . . .tick, tock

The Report
The worst case scenario:  Staging 3B ~ Could be in lymph nodes. Not sure because the PET scan showed a little lighting above the tumor in a small area of a lymph node.  If it has indeed spread,  the odds are 50/50 that chemo and radiation will work.  Better Scenario ~ Staging is at a 2-something without lymph node involvement. Success rate is much higher.  Either way, treatment is exactly  the same.

THAT I could handle.

However, my start date for treatment is now up in the air again.  Next week or the week of the 29th.  I was told this about the time we had scheduled most everything beginning on the 23rd and were headed out the door.  So that plan that I had worked so hard to wrangle, to feel, to accept . . . is naught.  And even more concerning to me: The chance of the cancer spreading.

"I will have you answers before noon tomorrow, I promise, Mrs. Halfmann."

*You'd better, Little Missy, or my very special ass may just may have to come take care of some bidness.*

Tick tock . . .
tick, tock . . .
tick, tick,  tock . . .

3 comments:

  1. Gives new meaning to "open up a can of whoop-ass."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I suppose you are right, David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Angela!!! You are an amazing lady and a very strong lady as well.....You inspire so many people....Just wanted you to know that you light up a room when you walk in and people congregate to you, because of your amazing personality....have a blessed and beautiful day!! Every day is a new day...remember to smile and laugh today!! Talk to you soon...Thank you for keeping us posted!! =)

    ReplyDelete