Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Visit

Sock monkey slippers put away, pajamas in the drawer, pictures of family carefully placed around my new hang-out for the next few weeks . . .
and the hotel room phone rings.

"Pam Tallent is here to see you."

It took a second to register.  Pam Tallent?  Pam Tallent? Pam Tallent!  My room mate at Southwest Texas State!  (Well, technically not my roommate because by the time that we got settled in our dorm room for the second semester my daddy was there in the Ford Country Squire to hall my special ass home.  We had spent much of my first semester having a LOT of fun.)

I squealed and ran out into the hall to meet her.  Both of us in tears, we couldn't stop hugging each other.  It's been twenty-seven years and I swear it was as if time stood still.

I am on such a Pam Tallent Jeanes visit high right now.  I can't think of a better way to start my stay in Temple, Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness and Mercy shall follow you all of the days of your life!

    ReplyDelete