Welcome to my big new world. One of big surprises, big tears, big blessings, big fear, big love, big laughter and great big hope. My name is Angela and if you haven't heard already, I have one very special ass.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Radiation stings. A lot.

  

e
Tina and Andre, my radiation oncology techs, photographed from where I'm usually seeing them ~ flat on my back.  
I've been reluctant to blog lately.  Not sure why. It could be because the new is wearing off this cancer treatment experience and I'm beginning to feel the wrath of radiation.  And I have three more glorious weeks to go. And I know it's not going to get any better  for the rest of the treatment - just the opposite. And I want to remain strong and witty and upbeat in my blogs for myself and those who might read it for whatever reason.  But I just don't feel like it.  Not tonight, anyway.

A note regarding my techs pictured above: Aren't they cute?? For the record, I do not hold them remotely responsible for the incredible stinging sensation I feel all over my VSA following my daily treatment. (Even the one that brought me to my knees Friday afternoon.)   After all, it's not every day that a girl can listen to Elvis deliver "Santa Claus is Back in Town" while receiving 16 wonderous zaps of, as Hollis puts it, 'the radiation.'  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pouQ7YN_6CQ

5 comments:

  1. I am in awe. You have definitely shown everyone that when the going gets tough the tough get going. Keep your chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You can do this, you are one of the strongest people that I know. Prayers your way!
    Terry R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to be upbeat everyday or even strong. And you don't have to write either - just rest and use your energy for the battle you are facing.
    You remain in my prayers, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well one good thing about the hair falling out downstairs is...you dont have to shave it off...lol....I have been praying for you and BTW Shera says HI!!!!love ya!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being positive isn't always easy when you hurt and it is sometimes nice to blow off some steam. A blog seems like as good a way to release some of the pressure as any! :) Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete